Saturday, March 20, 2010

M-9 Impressions

I thought I might share a few of my early impressions of the Leica M-9. The reason I purchased the camera was for its size, ability to capture full frame images and the quality of its build and lenses. The size and weight of the camera fit what I was looking for. The camera is easily carried around ones neck with the provided camera strap. Even after several hours of walking the camera strap does not cut into your neck and the weight of the camera seems to hold it in place while walking.
The quality of the build is excellent and the controls are simple and easily accessible. The view finder is bright and the focusing screen is readily visible. I must admit that I'm still trying to get the manual focusing down. I do think that with more practice I will become more proficient and comfortable in focusing manually.
The raw images are what I expected excellent and very adjustable in Lightroom, Aperture and Photopshop. I wanted a camera that was simpler, lighter and smaller than a DSLR and one that would force me to think more before taking a picture. I want to improve my process of selecting and shooting pictures and to this end the M-9 is delivering. I will continue to update you on my progress and here are some pictures from the first partial day of spring.
Entrance to a nice little house.
Battle Scarred Cactus
I was on the move and so was the horse - a different effect.
A old abandoned pump house.

No comments:

Post a Comment