Sunday, March 6, 2011

More Silver Efex Pro 2

I said that I would be taking some pictures with the Leica M-9 and also converting and commenting on Silver Efex Pro 2. All of the pictures in this post were taken with the M-9 fitted with the Elmarit 2.8 90mm lens and post processed in Adobe Lightroom 3.0. Black and white conversion was done using Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2.
The photo to the right is of my 14 month old German Shepherd Monty. Using the new expanded slider controls in Silver Efex Pro 2 I was able to bring out the strong markings on his face.

Color photo that was just re sized for use on the web shows the color rendition and sharpness of the Elmarit 90mm 2.8 lens.
The same picture converted using Silver Efex Pro 2 in the default mode.
Crop of the eyes showing the lovely color rendition and sharpness at the focus point.

Crop of Kong love again clarity of this camera lens combo is highlighted.
Crop that started as a close up of my senior female German Shepherd shows the lovely pattern of her coat.
Color photo of a blooming Camilla and then converted with Silver Efex Pro 2 to show the new ability of being able to colorize specific objects in the photo. Framing is also a new feature and was added to photo.

I used control points to specify the areas of the photo that I wanted to bring out and modify the color of the flower. I could have made the color the same as the original photo but I wanted to show that you can control the saturation and depth of color brought out in your pictures.
I will be exploring more features and commenting on them in future posts. If you are interested in Silver Efex Pro 2 I would suggest that you go to Nik Software and watch their videos on whats new and how to use the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment