Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dynamic Black & White

Is one of the selections you can make in Film Mode of the set up menu. So today I thought I would share a few pictures I shot on Saturday in this mode. They were taken on a overcast day that ranged from sun breaking through and drizzle to rain. Here are some of the results.
Looking up from the base of a dead tree to the clouds in the sky a favorite nesting and storage container for the woodpeckers who reside in this neighborhood.
 
Looking up from the valley floor to the coastal mountains as the sun tries to break through the clouds.    
 
A young horse that we regularly feed organic carrots.
Rusting farm equipment behind barbed wire
 This last picture is of a garden fountain in the dead of winter.

How would I rate my black and white experience? I'm generally pleased with the results strait from the camera. I set up the camera to auto select the ISO which explains the graininess in some of the pictures. I normally try to set the ISO to 80 - 200 for my color photos and then use Silver Efex Pro to convert them to black and white. Shooting directly to black and white is a interesting experience and I recommend you try it for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment