Thursday, May 20, 2010

Signs of Spring

There are still plenty of signs of spring having arrived here in the valley. Flowers are blooming,  new babies of all sorts are appearing and spring showers just wont go away. Just the other day I got a one of those surprise moments as I was preparing to cross a cement bridge. I saw what appeared to be a very young fawn on the trail he looked our way and they laid down, a defensive measure. The fawn allowed us to get very close as I tried to get around him without disturbing him. Then he just sprung up and ran into the woods I did get a couple photos and here is one of them.

 Leica D-Lux 4 processed through Adobe Lightroom.
The next shot I took on the shady trail leading back to the house the color in the leaves and the contradiction it presented with the rest of the background caught my eye.

Leica D-Lux 4 processed in Adobe Photoshop CS5 to add a little sharpness and to bring out the colors in the leaves.
Back to the young wildlife with this photo as I was walking down a trail I caught a glimpse of this small baby lizard sunning its self on this weathered liken encrusted fence post.

Leica D-Lux 4 processed in Adobe Photoshop CS5 to remove some small shadows around the lizard.

This last picture is taken after one of those spring showers that deposited some interesting rain droplets on this spring flower.

Leica D-Lux 4 processed in Adobe Lightroom and Topaz Filter Adjust 4 to bring out the water drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment