Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gymnastics

Over the weekend I attended a friends daughters gymnastics meet where I used both my Leica M-9 with a 35 f.2.5 and Nikon D300 with a 70 to 300 zoom. Today I'm sharing two pictures taken with the Leica, both in low light conditions. I set the ISO at 400 for picture number one and ISO 1250 for picture number two as the lighting conditions varied greatly in this arena.
In this first picture little girls scurry to find the scrunchy that best matches their outfits under the watchful eyes of the vendors. Lighting conditions were good in this area of the gym and it shows in the results.
In this picture the lighting is problematic the area behind the girls is well lit and the girls are standing in a darkened area. I metered for the well lit area behind them to eliminate any blown out areas and in Adobe Photoshop CS5 I brought the girls out from the shadows. I used Topaz DeNoise 4.1 to reduce the noise that shooting in ISO 1250 in combo with the subjects of the picture having to be brought out of the shadows had caused.
The rest of the event was shot with the Nikon D300 and I will share some of those pictures with you later on as I have not processed them as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment