Thursday, January 20, 2011

It feels like spring

The weather has been very spring like encouraging longer walks which results this mix of indoor and outdoor pictures taken this week.
The indoor shoot to the right was a indoor picture I took looking to highlight color saturation with interesting lighting used to bring attention to different areas of the photo.
The picture was taken with the D-Lux 4 and post processed in Adobe Lightroom 3 plus Color Efex Pro 3.0 to add  the soft glow on the dried flowers, background and table.
The picture above was taken with the M-9 and caught a quite moment on the sofa. I wanted to depict this exposure in soft colors and soft sharpness to capture the mood. I used Topaz Labs Adjust 4 to deepen the colors and soften the sharpness.
Light blue skies and flimsy white clouds mesh nicely with this pathway photo taken with the M-9. There was some heavy shadows throughout this image so I shot it by taking my exposure reading on the bright white and then in Lightroom I brought up the fill light added back some black and clarity.
This unused boarded up cabin appears out of the trees and is heavily shadowed. I took my exposure reading on the white of the building and then adjusted it in Lightroom using the tone adjustment sliders to balance the photograph.
M-9 F16 at 1/45 sec allows for a slightly blurred background and sharp subject. I panned this pictured to get this desired effect it gives the photo depth and dimension.
Walkers out enjoying a warm morning on a shady lane, captured with the M-9 as the light filtering through the trees highlights them. Post processed in Lightroom and converted to black and white in Silver Efex Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment