Saturday, October 23, 2010

Gazo Creek Cutoff

More beach pictures this week in color plus some interesting apps for your I-Pad. LFI the international Leica photography magazine has just updated its free I-Pad, I-Phone app to include not only a great photo database but also now you can read the current issue of the magazine for free on either device. The other interesting app is Air Display which will allow you to use your I-Pad as a 2nd monitor. I have been using this app to watch video blogs etc. while I work on my photos. It works great but is expensive for a I-Pad app at $10.00.
Now back to Gazo Creek Cutoff which is located on the San Mateo County coast in California. The day was comfortable for a Northern California Beach, meaning the temperature was in the middle 60's. There was sun, fog and very little wind. The sun, water and fog all tend to intensive the light and not always in a good way which calls for shooting at higher speeds and f stops than normal (f-11 to f 16. The camera was the Leica M-9 fitted with Summarit 35 mm lens, post processed in Adobe Lightroom 3 and Nik Software plug-ins.

Looking north towards the Pigeon Point Lighthouse.
 Fog rolling in towards shore.
 Fog bank in the distance contrasted by the blue sky.
Light peeks through the overcast and highlights the white water.

No comments:

Post a Comment