Thursday, April 1, 2010

Visualization

Visualization what we see and what we capture in a picture may be many different things. Today I saw a bunch of flowers laying on a log and they had obviously seen better days. In my my minds eye I thought that they told a story that I wanted to capture. Here are the steps I took to transform a image into what my minds eye saw.
This is the image as it came straight from the Leica D-Lux 4 camera and was downloaded into Adobe Lightroom 3.0 beta 2.
Here the image is after cropping and tonal adjustment in Adobe CS4 to brighten and to add contrast to the image.
This version of the image is the result of adding a glamor glow effect in Nik Software Color Efex Pro. Softening and adding highlights to the picture.
This version of the image is after adding another effect in Nik Software Color Efex Pro called Lighten - Darken Center. It allows you to adjust the light on your image where you want it. In this photo I have used it to darken the area around the flowers and stems.
For another different look I processed the photo to show it as a black and white image once again in Nik Software using Silver Efex Pro.
My minds eye had seen something not so readily apparent to the casual observer. That even thou these once vibrant flowers had out lived their use to someone and had been discarded as trash. They still have a natural beauty that is worth recognizing and collecting as a prized photograph.
If you like this type of post where I show how I arrived at a final image or images, please let me know by posting a comment. Thanks for taking a look at my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment