Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Alpine Inn

Today I'm featuring Alpine Inn or better known to older residents as Rossotti's or Zotts. It has been a landmark in Portola Valley, California for over a 150 years. If you are interested in the history of this old building here is a link to a article written in 2004. This is not a food or history review so I'm just going to share four versions of a picture of the old building that I took on my daily walk. The weather was pleasant overcast with a light rain falling. Click on the photos to see larger versions.

This is the original image a conventional look and feel.

This is the same image given a antique look with Silver Efex Pro.

This version was done in Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0 to give it a look like the photo was printed on water paper.


The last rendition is as a halftone for a unusual lighting effect.
I will be continuing to do these short posts as my daily walks with the dogs seem to always have some interesting objects, plants or wildlife to photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment