Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Macro Mode

Today I thought I would share a few shots I took this morning using the macro focus mode with the Leica D-Lux 4. The photos were all processed in Adobe Lightroom 3 beta 2 and Adobe CS4.
As you may know I recently started shooting with a Leica M-9 and have added my impressions of it along with the Leica D-Lux 4 to this blog. For your use in the future I have begun labeling my posts to reflect the camera and software I'm using for any particular post. You will be able to find any individual posting featuring either camera by clicking on the appropriate Label in the label field to your right. Now back to today's blog.

Photo one is Raw straight from the camera and post processed in Lightroom 3 beta 2
Photo two is a 100 percent crop showing the detail captured with a small amount of sharpening.
Photo three is processed the same as photo one.
Photo four is processed the same as photo number two with addition of Topaz Filter Detail 2 to enhance the contrast.
I have been very happy with the results I have obtained with the Macro Focus mode while shooting using the RAW setting. The Leica D Lux-4 has proved to be a versatile performer and just a good all around camera. I continue to carry it with me every day, even when I have my Leica M-9 with me, you never know when you might need it for a specialty shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment